Compassionate Leadership Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Who is this course for?
Our compassioante leadership course is suitable for those in leadership roles in organisations or communities or anyone who wishes to build their capacity for positive influence in and out of the workplace.
Introduction - why do we need compassionate leadership?
How do we want our workplaces of the future to function and how can compassion change the relationships between leaders and teams?
Over the last few years, we have seen a huge rise in stress and mental health issues in the workplace, impacting individuals and organisations. Adopting a compassionate approach improves employee wellbeing and productivity as well.
A compassionate leader is interested not only in motivating employees to gain profits for the company, but also helping them grow on a personal level. Such leaders have the far-sighted vision to hold genuine talents for long-term and think about the greater good of the organization.
"When we are motivated by compassion and wisdom, the results of our actions benefit everyone, not just ourselves" - Dali Lama
The best leaders blend courage and compassion" - Robin Sharma
"I refuse to believe you cannot be both compassionate and strong. It takes courage and strength to be empathetic, and I’m very proudly an empathetic and compassionate leader" - Jacinda Ardern - New Zealand Prime Minister
The course explained
4 weekly 90 min sessions in small groups.
We will explore a range of practices to utilise in and out of the workplace
Engaging facilitation with group interaction, practical ideas and opportunity for exploration and questions.
Weekly exercises and resources between sessions.
We will explore:
· Self Compassion techniques
· Compassionate communication & listening
· Moving from culture of blame towards learning and growth
· Being more curious and having an open mind
· Courage, honesty and connection
· Modelling compassionate behaviours
· Demonstrating values and ethics
· Influencing rather than dictating
· Adaptability to change;
· Increased psychological Wellbeing and reduction stress
· Improved relationships and connection
· Improved communication and collaboration
· Ability to develop people and work with diverse range people
· Demonstrate ethical leadership
· Personal Growth and Development
· Enhanced creativity and innovation
· Decrease in Absences and presentism
· Increased effectiveness, productivity and performance, i
· Trust and loyalty, retain good employees
· Increased role satisfaction for leader and employees
About your course facilitator
Tracy Douthwaite is the founder of Way to Wellbeing, a Mental Health First Aid Coach and Wellbeing Trainer with over 30 years’ experience in the mental health industry. Tracy’s focus is on authentic delivery of real life techniques to ease the effects of mental health and promote holistic wellbeing for all.
"I cannot recommend Tracy's courses enough. She has such a calming, gentle presence that instantly puts you at ease.
Tracy speaks with knowledge and clarity and whatever your struggles may be, she has clear and manageable advice that can be put into practice straight away.
Tracy will not force her ideas onto you but will guide you in your personal journey so that you begin to see with more clarity where you may be able to find some peace in your life.''
We look forward to welcoming you onto our Compassionate Leadership Course - W2W
- Compassionate Leadership£97£970£0